What’s behind our evaluations of hospitals in complex care, common care and pediatric care.
These innovative programs bring normalcy and fun to a medical experience that’s usually anything but.
Some over-the-counter antihistamines might cause painful sensations that disrupt sleep, expert says
Health officials targeting rural teens with messages about health risks of smokeless tobacco products
Cologuard may help spot tumors, but researcher, experts agree that colonoscopy is preferred option
Latest study found no differences in general health, mental health or learning abilities
Research suggests IV med might benefit patients with Merkel cell carcinoma
But one expert says two shots might be hard to give in an outbreak setting
Researchers report lower temperatures in lab studies can impact findings on human diseases
Findings upend previous beliefs about brain changes related to the AIDS-causing virus
Rebranding of name might reduce stigma among cancer patients and their families, researchers say
Eating nutritious foods seems to counter higher risk, researchers find
Life spans increased between 1970 and 2010, but disabilities also rose along the way, researchers say
- Treatment Shows Promise Against Alzheimer's in Mice
- Utah Bill Declares Pornography a Public Health Hazard
- Blood Test for Asthma a Possibility: Researchers
But researchers say it's too soon to show whether people are healthier
Offer comfort and reassurance
It may be a better choice
Large analysis found up to 40 percent lower risk of heart disease death versus sulfonylureas
American Academy of Neurology issues new guideline on use of the drug
Weight-loss experts share how to keep your body comp on track.
Research reveals what your step (and exercise) goals should be.
Experts share the best ways to rehab and strengthen your core post-pregnancy.
Medicare Advantage Plan? Annual notice of change? Here's what it all means.
Exercise may moderate alcohol's negative effects. But don’t get sideways on the science.
Is it a case for years of monitoring or every-second-counts surgery? That depends.
Out of more than 4,500 hospitals evaluated by U.S. News, these 63 got the top rating across the board.
Medical advances mean more choices – and sometimes, more room for confusion.
If toilet talk causes you verbal constipation, start by asking your doctor these seven questions.
For early-stage cancer, ask about less-invasive VATS.
As the AAA gets bigger or symptoms appear, choices become more urgent.
More Articles ...
- The Best Ways for Nursing Home Residents to Stay Active
- Infographic: Why Do Kids Even Get Cancer?
- Proton Beam Radiation: a Family Decision
- Infographic: Cancer in Our Children – By the Numbers
- The Promise (and Limits) of Pediatric Proton Radiation
- I Survived Childhood Cancer. Now What?
- Why Intact Grains are Even Better than Whole Grains
- How to Maximize Nutrient Absorption
- Stop Creating So Many Free Radicals in Your Colon
- Bad Gut Flora Can Undermine Our Natural Liver Detox